Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Love you Grandma!

Faith, Love, Charity
My dear and sweet Grandma passed away last Wednesday at 87 years. We are all deeply saddened with her passing be we are also very happy for her to be reunited with so many loved ones. My Grandma has always been really healthy and has always taken pride in taking care of her body. At 87 years old she was still taking care of herself at her home and was still mentally sharp.
The last year she has had a couple rough falls while caring over her large and beautiful yard and garden. Since her recent falls she's been in some pain with fractured ribs and hip. Grandma had surgery recently on her spine to alleviate some pressure on some vertebrae. I was blessed to be able to spend time with her in her home while she was recovering. She was in good spirits and was so excited to talk to me about my baby. She told me that she saw a pregnant gerbil and it reminded her of me, hahah, thanks Grandma! She kept referring to me as her "pregnant granddaughter".  During our visit she kept doting on me and my baby, she was so happy and excited for us. I got to show her some of my baby belly and we talked about me needing to get some maternity clothes (which I did that trip). Grandma told me during that visit that she never wanted to live to be 90  and she was realizing how close she was getting. I told her that I was sure that she would make it to 90, she laughed and said "I don't think so".
I know it may seem like a silly conversation/visit but it really means the world to me. That was my last visit with my Grandma before her stroke and while she was coherent.
I'm heartbroken that she won't be here to see and hold our baby, which I wanted dearly. I know that Grandma prayed and prayed for this baby and she was so grateful that her prayers were answered and so are we.
My Grandma was an amazing woman with many strengths and talents. She was the most Christ-like person I know and she spent her life living the gospel and testifying of the Savior. She has truly set an example to all those who know her and especially her posterity.
Her passions were: her family, the gospel, her garden, her grass/yard, birds, the cabin, the color yellow, St.George, painting, sewing, quilting, bottling her fresh garden, making jam, friends, nature, animals, the Temple, collecting dolls, cooking,walking, baking, reading, watching old movies and vacationing.
My Grandma loved her family. She has been reunited with my Grandpa who has been gone for 11 years, her parents, her siblings, close friends and my brother Darwin. I think about the joy they must feel to be together again and it gives me peace.
I will miss my grandma so much but I find peace and comfort in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so thankful for the Temple and forever families. It's my testimony that we will be together again we'll pick up right where we left off.
I love you Grandma!

Grandma & Grandpa

Me and Grandma

My 17th  Birthday and mine & Brock's Graduation

Grandma, Mom & I at the Manti Temple and on my wedding day!

Me and Grandma at Easter 2009

Brinlee, Nette, Grandma, Mom & I at Jonny's wedding 2007

Witches Night Out! Christy, Laura, Nette, Grandma, Mom, Janean, Nicole and & I 2006

Grandma & Damion at his farewell 2011

Grandma & Nick at his farewell 2011

Mike & Grandma at Easter 2009

Me and Grandma celebrating our birthdays!

Funny faces:)

Jonny, Grandma & Brock 2009


Brock & Granny 2009

Grandma & Bella

Richard & Grandma

Families Can be Together Forever Video

1 comment:

The Sevy's said...

How special that you got to have those sweet conversations with her right before her passing. She sounds like an amazing lady! Such neat pictures to honor and remember her with. Love you!