Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 23, 2012

It's A......

GIRL!!!
 We finally had our ultrasound yesterday with a specialist in Billings and everything checked out great! We got to watch our little monkey move around during the extended detailed ultrasound. Of course they check all the important stuff before they check the "privates" to tell us the gender, it had us anticipating almost the whole time!
I was still sold that it was a boy the whole time, I even thought I had seen "boy parts" but what do I know??? She probably wasn't even looking down in that area when I thought that...hahahah. Anyway, she said it was VERY clear that it was a girl and the Doctor confirmed it later. So Brock was right the whole time and I guess I should have trusted my dreams!
She was very active the entire time which was funny because I didn't really feel her moving but she definitely was! It's crazy how much I don't feel at this point and it makes me wonder what she is doing when I do feel her because she was moving so drastically during the ultrasound and I didn't feel it. When I feel her move it is very obvious and has gotten much stronger and noticeable. The other night she kept me up because she was moving all over the place!
We couldn't get a picture with her mouth closed. She was opening and closing her mouth the entire time. I guess she was feeling pretty chatty during the ultrasound. She weighs a whopping 14 ounces right now and is right on track. Both the measurements and the blood flow through the heart and umbilical cord looks great. She is breech right now and her head is at the tip top of my uterus, which is still normal and okay at this point. We are very relieved that everything checks out okay. It was nice to go to a specialist because the ultrasound room was way nicer than the one at my OB and the pictures turned out super clear.
While we were in Billings, we went and bought a blanket, some girly onesies and a couple cute outfits with shoes. We also started talking names, we already have a small list going. I think we will probably wait and see her before we make a definite decision on a name. It was a very fun day to spend together and seeing our little girl made everything so much more real for both of us, especially Brock.
This has seriously been one of the neatest things we've gone through as a couple. We are just so grateful for this little blessing that we've waited and waited for!


Body Profile with feet over her head!

Her teeny feet

Her little arm and hand

Profile

3 comments:

Brittney N said...

That's SO exciting, Kim! And the ultrasound pictures are so awesome! She is going to be a beauty like her Mama. Congrats!

amyorr said...

Kimi Kim Kim!!! I am just so excited for you guys! Let me know when your shower is.....I would love to mail a gift.

The Sevy's said...

That is awesome! Can't wait to talk to you and hear all about baby names and nursery ideas. Wahoo!!