Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Now that the "Cat is out of the Bag" I'm going to try to keep my blog updated on my pregnancy, since after all this is a "journal-like"blog for us.

Honestly, I sometimes still can't believe this is actually happening. I find myself talking about the baby but it feels so unnatural and awkward for me, it feel like I'm living a lie. I guess that since it has taken us so long to get to this point that it has messed with my head. I have worked really hard over the last several years not to think about baby stuff and now that I actually can and should it just feels weird.  I was looking at the clearance rack at Target the other day and I was worried that someone would see me. Then I thought "I'm pregnant, I can legitimately be in this section and I shouldn't feel weird". Don't get me wrong, I am gushing with excitement for this baby and we are so so happy. It's just that I have been in a totally different place mentally for a long time and its taking time to adjust and feel comfortable. I never expected these kind of feelings but I guess it makes sense.
 Enough of that!

 I am feeling the nausea ease up and I am feeling some energy coming back, which is totally awesome. Although, Brock got a nasty virus again and I was lucky enough get the bug. It hasn't been as bad as it was in December but it's exhausting to be dealing with it again. I NEVER get sick EVER, so to have this again is a total shock. I am hoping it clears out really fast and I can start enjoying the 2nd Trimester.

I'm having various food cravings lately. Although I am having cravings, I've been too lazy to really go out of my way to get the things I'm craving. However, I can't quit thinking about a particular thing until I eat it. Then usually that particular craving subsides and I move on to  another craving.

Here are some of my most recent cravings:

(FYI, don't freak out! I'm eating a balance diet these are just some of the things that sound really good lately and I'm not constantly indulging in them.)

Cheese: I can't get enough cheese lately. Cottage Cheese and String cheese are the most appetizing!
Cashews: I am loving cashews and almonds lately but mostly cashews.
Fruit Bars: Oh so yummy! They help my nausea, relieve heartburn and taste delicious!
Chinese Food: Apparently I've been craving high sodium in take because the thought of Chinese gets my mouth watery.
Salt & Vinegar Chips: Yum! It has to be Lay's brand to quench this craving. I've also had a spark recently for Cool Ranch Doritos.
Dr. Pepper: First of all, I asked my doc and she said 1-3 16oz Dr. Pepper's a week is completely fine. I rarely indulge in it (maybe 1 pepper every week or every other week) but when I do it has to be fountain. *Funny story: Brock took me to get a fountain drink at the gas station and I had only taken 2 swigs before we went into Costco. When we got back, Boog had gotten the lid off and drank 1/2 of my drink. Obviously I had to dump it out and Brock said he'd get me a new one. Well, I was really wanting a frosty from Wendy's so we ordered a DP. Not kidding I got 3 swigs out of it before I was slurping the bottom. I opened the cup and they had filled the entire cup with ice, I was ripped of twice that day and my DP thirst wasn't quenched.
Milk: I can't get enough of a cold glass of 1% milk, yummy!
Wendy's: For some reason I can't get Wendy out of my mind. Everything looks and sounds so delicious. I've had to grab a couple burgers in the last month, even if it meant sitting by myself in Wendy's during a busy lunch rush.
Sour Patch Kids: I'm a huge chocolate lover but since I've been pregnant the thought of chocolate makes me queasy. Instead I desire probably the worst things for your teeth, these sweet & chewy Sour Patch Kids.
Subway: I have probably had a sub from Subway at least once a week in the month of January. The fresh veggies and bread just hit the spot, yum. *I know that a lot of people say you shouldn't eat lunch meat when you are pregnant but I talked to my doctor and she said the risk of listeria is very minimal and eat on. I haven't been buying luncheon meat from the store though b/c it is not very healthy anyway.

Hmmm, it's lunch time and I just made myself hungry and my mouth watery. I'm going to go find some good grub:)

                          
  

                  


                                           

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was pregnant with Savannah I lived on Subway during my first trimester. It was literally the only thing that sounded good to me. After I had her, it took me a long, long time to look at another Subway sandwich again.

Cheri and David said...

I lived off Subway and Taco Bell when I was pregnant with Spencer and I craved Dr. Pepper all the time. I had 1 or 2 diet cokes a day with Ty and it's fine. They acutally say that up to 100mg of caffeine is safe during pregnancy. I think that's WAY too much, but a little is okay! Enjoy the clearance sections!! You're going to be needing it!!!!

Sheena said...

I totally get what you were saying at the beginning. Up until I could feel the baby moving on a regular basis the whole thing felt pretty unreal. And I didn't start buying any baby stuff until after my 20 week ultrasound and I didn't get around to buying any maternity stuff until I was practically busting out of all of my clothes because I was so paranoid.

I didn't have much in the craving department, but if I cooked a real dinner for John I always ended up eating something else because smelling one thing for that long just made me lose my appetite for it.

I'm so excited for you!

Shine said...

:) I know what you mean, getting excited for a baby after so long. I bought some sleepers the other day and while I was beyond excited, I kept feeling guilty thinking, "You're being silly," until I realized, wait, there really is a baby on the way! (That was a hugely long run-on sentence). Can't say I've had any cravings though... I'll leave those up to you. :)

Brittney N said...

Hilarious, Kimmy! From the looks of what you're craving I'm going to guess you're having a boy. That sounds a lot like what I craved when I was pregnant with my boys but then again, I did crave salty Chinese food with this baby and she's a girl so who knows? How much longer until you find out? I can't wait!

The Sevy's said...

That is too funny kimmie! At least your cravings have a little variety, fresh subs & chesse, that is great. All I want is greasy, sodium filled take out! Yum I am going to in and out now.....

Tiffany & Co. said...

Oh you make me laugh so hard Kimi!!! I craved junior bacon cheeseburgers from Wendy's and ate them in the parking lot too. I also couldn't get enough cold milk! I think it was the only thing that would settle my stomach, it like coated my lining or something. It totally helped the heartburn!

I never thought my eating habits would get back to normal after being pregnant...but they have. My diet mainly consists of chocolate, Diet coke, bread and cheese. Super healthy!!!

I love reading your pregnancy posts. Keep documenting! Love it!