Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bag plus Cat?

What does a Bag and a Cat have to do with us?....

         ...We have some eye popping news for you. So here we are letting the "Cat out of the Bag"....






Nope, you're not taking CRAZY PILLS, we are totally having a baby! Our little tike or tikette will be joining in on our fun in July. Pretty wild eh? We are so excited and extremely grateful to be expecting our first little miracle.
We are pretty much through our first Trimester which hasn't been too bad. Although my stinking cold sure was a pain to deal with when I was already feeling a little lousy. I've been super tired and fatigued but I'm finally starting to feel some energy coming back. My "morning sickness" hasn't been too bad and is mostly at night so I'm pretty much parked on the couch from 6pm until bedtime. The nice thing about being sick at night is that my mornings and days are pretty normal and I can get everything done that I need to.
These ultrasound pictures where taken really early just to keep an eye on the baby. Since these two ultrasounds checked out great they haven't worried about doing any more. Our next one won't be until we find out what the sex is and that will be in March sometime.
This whole experience thus far has been pretty wild and it is very surreal. 
It is my testimony that the Lord hears and answers our prayers. He is also aware of timing and what is best for each of us. Looking back I am soooo grateful for the time that Brock and I have had together to be "us" and strengthen ourselves and our marriage. I think this extra time that we've had will help us be better parents to our children.
So wish us luck because we have no idea what we are doing!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We will start sending our two over so you guys can practice. We are so excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

In reference to the above comment...
it was me, Grant

Colleen & Kenneth said...

Kim & Brock--Such joyful news! Take care of yourself and enjoy the journey!! Colleen (Amy's mom)

Unknown said...

awww! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting! Congrats!

Amy said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news! Hope your morning sickness eases up. Good luck the next few months.

The Sevy's said...

SOOOOOOOOooooo Excited! You two will be the most awesome parents! I am dying to meet your bundle of JOY!

Lori said...

Congratulations! This is such exciting news! I am SO happy for you! I had "morning" sickness at night too and was always glad it worked out that way. Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!

Carmen said...

Wooooohooooo!! I am so happy for you guys

Erin said...

Oh my heck, I am so happy for you guys!!!!

Liz said...

Congratulations guys! That is awesome!

Mama Bair said...

Yahoo! We are so happy for you!!!!!

Sheena said...

Yay! When I got pregnant with Scarlett we felt the same way. God has a plan for us and sometimes we just have to trust his timing and his plan, instead of our own. I don't really know how I would feel if we hadn't had to wait a while but I know that every time I'd feel a little sick or sore when I was pregnant, or even now on days when Scarlett's being a bit of a pill, I just remind myself how much I wanted this and how worried I was that I'd never get it and everything becomes manageable again.

Ahhhhh, being a Mom is the best!

Lacey said...

I have been waiting for this post for SO long! We are so excited for you guys! You will be great parents, and I'm sure I will be the favorite aunt!

Shine said...

Oh my gosh! What wonderful news! We'll be sure to keep you guys in our prayers even more! Nobody deserve it more than you two!
Love you guys!
Shine

Tiffany & Co. said...

Love the ultrasound pic of your little peanut!!!! You will have the sweetest baby!!!

Cheri and David said...

Best blog post ever!! So happy for you two! Now Ty will have a friend in nursery :)

Brittney N said...

I saw a bunch of baby ideas you posted on pinterest and immediately came to your blog to check out your news. I'm beyond excited for you and Brock!! You will be the best parents! I can't wait to find out what you're having.

amyorr said...

Shut up!!!! I am SUPER excited for you guys! If you need some experience you can watch my kids anytime. I would even let you take them overnight. Cause I'm that nice. Seriously....I am just thirilled!