Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 6, 2012

Our 4th of July Celebrations!

In the past we have typically made a vacation out of the 4th and we spend our time hiking, fishing, boating, camping and watching fireworks. This year was tricky with the 4th being in the middle of the week and myself being 36 weeks pregnant. We decided to just stay home and do some fun things around the area.
When the 4th got here all of our "fun" plans went out the window because we had a "To Do List" that needed to get done. So we spent the day doing the following:
-Slept in until 10:30!
-Went grocery shopping-Brock came with me because I had to do a HUGE Wal-Mart trip.
-Picked up the house-real cleaning is almost a foreign idea to me these days.
-Brock Spray Painted A BUNCH of things for the baby's room.
-Brock fixed our guest bathroom facet, which included 3 stops at hardware stores.
-I took a nap
-We had an easy dinner which consisted of Sloppy Joe's, Corn on the Cobb, Pasta Salad and Fruit.
-We headed to the nearby park to spend a relaxing evening as a family to watch the sunset, throw the balls for the dogs and watch local neighborhood fireworks.

It all sounds pretty uneventful but it was really nice to spend a day together with out any fuss. We have been spoiled to have so much one on one time together and we are trying to really enjoy the last few moments we have as just us. We are also so excited to share the adventures of the world  with our sweet baby girl.
These are my favorite flowers in my yard right now!

The sunset was really beautiful! If I had the energy in me I would photoshop the power lines out-but I don't so they stay.

The dogs had the whole soccer field to themselves to play catch! They weren't even bothered by fireworks:)

People were setting off BIG fireworks in our neighborhood (which had me a little nervous for my house) so we got a great show and didn't have to drive anywhere or mess with the crowds:)



 
PREGNANCY UPDATE
36 Weeks on July 4th!
Holy cow! I seriously cannot believe that I am already 36 weeks and that realistically this little baby could be here any day. This pregnancy has had some rough times but overall I've felt really good and very blessed to have had a healthy 36 weeks thus far.
At times I am so excited that I just want her here now but then I think about everything that isn't done yet and I think "no...she can't come yet, I'm not ready". When I can't breath or walk and when my hands are numb and my feet are puffy, I just want her here and to feel normal again! Although, I will miss being pregnant and feeling her wiggle around in me, it's a blessing I wasn't sure I would have in this life. My feelings go back and forth on a daily basis, overall I am just really excited to see her.
I'm doing okay but I am definitely feeling 9 months pregnant! It is hard to get motivated to do much because I'm really tired and uncomfortable. I feel pretty overwhelmed with my "To Do List" that isn't getting done. Brock keeps telling me to let it go but I want everything to be ready for when we head to the hospital and for when family arrives. It's hard to make those kind of plans when you have no clue what day to plan for! He thinks I'm nuts:)
Anyway, that's about it! My doc still thinks I will deliver around my due date and everything looks good for a normal delivery thus far. My baby is still really wiggly and they tell me she should be slowing down and I don't think she has. I think we are going to have our hands full with a demanding little princess:) We have decided pretty much on a name but we aren't putting it out there until she's here just to make sure.
We are just so excited!

1 comment:

Mama Bair said...

We are so happy that you and Brock get to have this little princess in your lives. Good luck, we pray that all will go well for all of you.