Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

My First Baby Shower!

UTAH BABY SHOWER
We traveled to Utah for my first Baby Shower that my Mom, Sisters and Aunt Janean planned for me. It was the most beautiful shower I have ever seen- they really went all out and made it really nice . I was so touched by the effort that went into the planning, setting up and the yummy food. Words cannot express how grateful I feel to have such a wonderful family!

I had such a good time seeing friends and family, some of which I haven't seen in years. I just wish I would have had more time to visit with everyone. Its kind of overwhelming to try to adequately catch up with everyone.

It was very humbling to me to see the support and love that we have from our friends and family. I could not believe the amounts of lovely gifts we received. Including several homemade items that took people time and money to prepare for me. It all really meant a lot to both Brock and I.

I couldn't have dreamed of a more lovely, fun and tasty Baby Shower. This is all still very unreal to me at times, kinda like a dream come true. Thank you  everyone who planned (for months) and everyone who traveled to be there (several had to drive 2 plus hours) to help us get ready for our baby girl.


Planners
Nette, Nick, Chris, Laura, Aunt Janean, Mom (Heather wasn't there yet)


Gifts I made for my planners

Mikelle & I
(She's due a few weeks before me-she's tiny and I am huge)

Matching Game

Blurry Picture of Me and Candice (Candy)
She drove all the way from Colorado to be there for me, what a sweetheart!

My Best Gal Pals
Ally, Me & Laurisa (Ally is holding Larry's baby Sterling)


I didn't have a ride to my own party so my Brother Marlon had to come pick me up. It was the most involvement he's ever had with a Baby Shower. I invited my Dad to come but he wasn't interested;)

My sweet niece Ambree helping get stuff ready for the party.

The weekend brought many load of prizes, fun and a pair of swollen feet. My mom came home with us and we've been having fun going through all our the baby stuff.

Pregnancy Update
Things are still going good...mostly. I can totally feel the 3rd Trimester changes coming on. The back aches, heartburn and fatigue have intensified. I have also added swollen feet & ankles to the mix along with random loud hiccups.
I'm actually sleeping pretty good and not having to get up as much as I would expect. Having my wrist split has been a life saver!
The baby is still active but her movements aren't as distinct. I'm pretty sure she's still breech because her movements have stayed in the same spot in my belly.
Also...I am ALWAYS HOT! This summer is going to kill me:) Sometimes it makes me want to shave my head because my hair is so THICK and hot.
I saw the Doc for my 29 Week check up and the baby sounds great. I on the other hand am retaining water like a mad woman and my blood pressure was a touch up-which has never happened to me. I'm also measuring a little big. I had to do my NASTY glucose test-that stuff tastes like children's Triaminic cough syrup. They checked my blood and everything looks fine and dandy so apparently I'm just retaining water and having a big baby. Oh, how fun!



28 Weeks

"I'm sexy and I know it"

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Yeah, the swollen ankles are one of my least favorite parts of pregnancy. Good thing babies are so darn cute to make up for it.

Sheena said...

I had thought that I hadn't retained much water at all. Until about two weeks after I had the baby and everything started to go down and all of a sudden my legs/ankles were way thinner. The only nice thing about retaining water is that it goes away a heck of a lot faster than all of the extra fat. Something to look forward too, right?!?!? (Apart from the whole having a sweet little baby part, of course.)

Erin said...

Kim I am so happy for you! Looks like a fun shower! I am so excited to see the baby pics after the arrival!

The Sevy's said...

Your family sure knows how to thrown one Awesomely beautiful shower! It was so much fun to see you!