Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Maddy Spring Trip

We finally got to take our trailer out for a camping spin! I must say it was sooooo nice to stay warm, have a potty in the night, not worry about bears or how to store our food! We've been wanting to get out but the last couple weekends but we haven't been able to pull it off. Last weekend we decided to go no matter what! It was a pretty chilly weekend but it didn't matter because....we had a heater!

We just went for a quick over-nighter at the Maddy River by our home. It was nice too because we got to camp right on the river and didn't have to pay:)

Saturday morning was warmer so Brock and the dogs did a little fishing and I soaked up some rays. It was a lovely weekend:)







Pregnancy Update!
Everything is pretty much the same as the last time I posted. However, I have since been diagnosed with Carpel Tunnel Syndrome . I went with Brock to his appointment with his back doctor this week and the doc noticed that I was shaking my hand during the appointment. He used an ultrasound to look at my right forearm and wrist and declared that I definitely have carpel tunnel. He said it's common during pregnancy due to pressure put on the medal nerve from water retention. It typically goes away after pregnancy when swelling goes down. I'm hoping that it does...but it runs in my family also. Two of my siblings have had carpel tunnel surgery in the last 6 months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed (with my left hand).



My new sexy splint! I typically just have to wear it at night and it helps 100% ...if I leave it on all night. It kinda bugs me sometimes and I rip it off while I'm sleeping.
Other than that, things are peachy. The baby is growing like madness, which means I am having some aches and pains. I get teased by Brock because I need help getting off the couch sometimes and I am starting to waddle. Heartburn is from the devil! I am having horrible heartburn and I would DIE with out TUMS and Zantac! I am noticing that the baby has put herself on a schedule and I know what time to expect her to be sleeping and when to expect her to be awake and active. She's an early bird that's for sure! She responds to sounds, mostly Brock's voice but we've noticed she likes Pearl Jam-who doesn't...right? I can't get enough food or water these days. I am always thirsty and hungry, its almost shocking  how much I am drinking- which results in an increased TP bill. I haven't learned to pack snacks when I leave the house so I am usually dying of hunger and feeling sick while I'm out shopping. This clearly results in emergency stops at the gas station, grabbing a candy bar at the check out or snagging lunch at the Target cafeteria.
 Honestly, it all has been so fun and worth it! I love feeling this little baby move and I even like to see my belly grow. It has been a blessing that I had written off a looooong time ago. So, although I have my complaints over the discomfort...I am in NO way complaining about being pregnant. It has been so great and I will be a little sad when it's over.
My latest "best friends"/ survival kit. (have you ever had Vanilla Bean Tillamook Yogurt? It is THE best and it makes my smoothies soooo delish).

In other news, I FINALLY decided on bedding, colors and a theme for the nursery. (thanks to family and peer pressure) I decided it was certainly time to move forward and make a commitment, which I am so bad at. I like having options but hate locking myself down...what if I change my mind or don't like it...
Anyway, I originally did NOT want to go with pink because EVERYONE does pink, right? I wanted to do lavender, gray & white. However, it was tricky to find bedding that met my criteria and was in our budget. Once I let those ideas go, I started fresh and found a lovely, simple & delicate set that both of us love. (Brock probably just agreed with me so I would make a decision). Here it is:
 It's fuchsia (I think), gray and light pink. I really like it and I am soooo excited now. Making my purchase totally threw me into "nesting", I couldn't sleep all night because I was so excited thinking about everything I want to do for the baby. (I probably should have written down my ideas).

Well, That's about it....kinda a lot, I know....

1 comment:

Erin said...

You are looking like such a cute pregnant mommy!