Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 18, 2012

16 Week Check Point & Other Stuff

We are finally to our 16 week check point in this pregnancy! We've been looking forward to getting to this point because I had my 16 week check up with the Doctor. I went in on Friday and after a ridiculous wait, urine sample, blood pressure check, weigh in and a series redundant questions; we finally got to hear the little critter's heartbeat!
It is seriously the coolest thing ever! The little thing kept moving so the doc was having to move around to keep a steady heartbeat. It was so reassuring to hear the baby and to have my check up go good. I am so thankful that things are going well thus far and we pray that they will continue to go well.
During this week I spent some time in Utah with my family. I decided to got shopping for maternity clothing while I was there since there isn't much of a selection around these parts. The idea was to buy some clothes so that I would have them on hand when I needed them. Although I can still fit into my jeans and some of my shirts, it has been rather uncomfortable. I didn't realize how uncomfortable I actually was until I slipped on some maternity jeans. It was so nice not to have my gut pinched or to be gasping for air while I bend over. The shirts are nice too because I don't feel like I have to "suck it in" and I feel comfy. Also, I thought the jeans were super cute and my shirts were really cute too. I always thought maternity clothes were ugly but I think I found some cute stuff. I just wish I would have bought more! I am still wearing my regular jeans with a Bellaband but I am loving my pregnant people clothes!
Brock and I also bought a crib and a dresser for the little bambino today which was totally exciting. We've been looking at this set at Costco for a few weeks that we really liked but we thought we better shop around. Well, Bozeman literally has ONE store that sells cribs and they are beautiful but are also ridiculously expensive. We also looked online but I am totally a touchy person and I can't bring myself to purchase something that expensive without seeing and touching it in person. So we went back to Costco and they had marked down both the crib & dresser by a couple hundred dollars. So we went back this morning to pick up the LAST one they had! I feel like we scored an awesome dealio! Now we just have to clean out the guest room so we can set up the crib:)
In other weird news, I am thinking that I am starting to feel the baby move. I'm not totally sure but it definitely feels a little different sometimes. The doc said she wouldn't be surprised if I was because the baby was moving all over the when she was looking for a heartbeat.
Overall I am feeling really good right now. I rarely feel sick and I have most of my energy back. I do have some slight heartburn but I will take that over nausea any day! It has been so fun to be experiencing these changes and things that I honestly thought I never would have the opportunity to experience. I feel very grateful:)


Crib, dresser & Brock's filthy truck
I actually went down to Utah to celebrate my sister's birthday with her at the Lady Antebellum concert at the ESA. The concert was AMAZING and the baby really enjoyed it too. We were pretty much at the top of the building but that was okay- it was still awesome. (I didn't get any good pics) They are awesome performers and they really do put on a great show.

Nette and I before the concert grabbing a bite at Hot Dog On A Stick!

Darius Rucker-I'm so mad I used my only picture on him because I don't really like him.

While I was there I spent a couple days in SLC with my parents and then I spent the rest of the time in Tooele with my sister's family and my brother's family. It was really nice to see everyone and I especially loved babysitting my two little nieces while Jon and Heather were out working.

I can't get over her cute chubby arms!

It was a really fun trip that unfortunately ended kinda sour. I was suppose to come home Wednesday but the weather was bad and I was pretty bummed because I was really ready to come home. However, it turns out it was a blessing that I couldn't leave because my Grandma had a stroke that afternoon. Luckily, my brother and his wife were visiting Grandma when it happened or else she would have been alone.
She had recently undergone a procedure in in her spine and was just recovering from that. She's had a history of blood clots so she has been on blood thinners, which she had to go off of for a couple days for her surgery. I'm not sure if the clot that caused the stroke is related to her being off of her meds but I kinda think it is.
They tried to do a procedure that has to be done within the first 3 hours of the stroke to try to break up the blood clot in her brain. Unfortunately it didn't work and the clot is still there and she is paralyzed on her left side.
I was able to go see her in ICU on Wednesday night and she looked horrible (everyone said she was looking much better than earlier in the day) and I had a really hard time seeing her like that. Her mind is all there and she's completely with it and can speak for the most part. She was doing better that night and having feeling and movement in her leg so we all were getting hopeful.
Yesterday morning she took a turn for the worse. Any feeling she was having is gone and the left side of her throat is now paralyzed so she can't swallow to eat. They had to hook her up to a feeding tube last night to keep her fed. Because she can't swallow she has gotten fluids in her lungs which is also very serious. They were hopeful that she would be moved out of ICU soon but since the recent developments she is still there.
My heart is so sad that she is going through this after already having had a really rough year. I hope and pray she can recover but at this point it is not looking good. I wish I could be there to hold her hand and spend precious time with her.



On a Happier Note.....These are my awesome Valentine's Day flowers from Brock in a very LARGE vase! Love them and I love him!




2 comments:

The Sevy's said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Glad you got to spend some time with her though.
Keep up the prego posts. I love hearing the fun details!
Miss your cute face, LOVE ya

Brittney N said...

It's so fun to hear about your growing baby belly (even though I don't see anything!) and to hear that your baby is doing great! I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. It's so hard to see them suffer especially when you're so close to her. I will be praying for her and your family.