They think the explosion was caused by a gas leak. Which after the explosions cause a few fires in neighboring business. They say 5 business and a complete block of downtown Bozeman has been destroyed.
I'm unsure if there was any injuries or deaths, they haven't been able to get into the building or go through the ruble due to the fires. I think they've said 1 person is missing, I guess we'll find out more soon.
It's such a sad thing to have happen but it's kinda a blessing that it happened early in the morning before many business were open. (less traffic and less people around)
I posted some pictures but you can check out these news links to get a better description of what happened if you want to. http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2009/03/05/news/00downtownexplosion.txt
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,505163,00.html
____________________________________________________________________
Here's a picture of the explosion area from January 09'
Boodles is the greenish building on the far left where the explosion started.






2 comments:
Wow!! Is Brocks office any where near by?
I can't believe that happened! So sad about the businesses, but truly a blessing more people weren't hurt. I used to work right behind that block on Mendenhall. The girl who took my place said that all the windows blew out in her office. Scary!
Post a Comment