Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Last Minute trip to the Salmon River

Friday night Brock decided he wanted to make a last minute trip to the Salmon River in Idaho for some Steelhead fishing. We packed up the Jeep and left for the weekend. The river is only about 3 1/2 hours away from Bozeman so we didn't get there too late.
We fished all day Saturday and Sunday and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. I am sad to report that we didn' t catch any fish but we still enjoyed the break.
This is Brock's paradise vacationMy Happy Fisherman Us with the "Middle Fork" of the Salmon behind us

Brock would be sad if I didn't add this picture of his Big Horn SheepThere were big chunks of ice floating down the river while we were there, this one seemed pretty crazy to us
This is part of the "dead" river-crazy!

Okay...Yes, we slept and lived out of the Jeep for the weekend. I'm afraid Brock's never going to pay for a hotel again because it went better that we both anticipated. I guess we're "Jeep Hippies" now!




6 comments:

The Sevy's said...

You will never know how jealous I am of that trip.
Adam

Shilo said...

Devin says he always knew you guys were "Jeep Hippies." Looks cumfy to me. Maybe we'll be "Jeep Hippies" too!!

Carmen said...

Fun...but it does look a little cold for my type of camping. I like to be able to wear shorts.

Tiffany & Co. said...

You're a good woman Kim! You would never catch me being that uncomfortable in my sleep :0 I'm glad you had a good time. We'll have to take a fishing trip one of these times, Kent loves to fish!

Erin said...

KIM...you are my american idol. I am proud that you and your husband are so adventurous. I think Chet and I are adventurous in our own house. It's like a party in there 24/7. Guitar hero baby. We are like rockstars. No but really I think that is cool that you are always doing esciting things to blog about. If you noticed my blog you can see that I am a slacker blog attacker. But hey rock on. how is life? You are a doll.

Amber said...

THAT IS AWESOME!