Merry, Merry to you! I've been such a blogging slacker lately and I need to get back on the ball because my blog is a journal/record for Brock and I. I will have to back log to make sure we have an accurate log of our Christmas celebrations this year.
I came into the season super excited for the holidays this year and I couldn't wait to get things rolling. I did my shopping and decorating and then it hit me...the everlasting cold from Satan's little helpers. It was by far the worst cold I have ever had and I'm not exaggerating! Typically when I get a cold it runs for maybe two days and I can still completely function as a human and I just have to deal with a runny/stuffy nose. This thing lasted for 3 weeks and I'm still dealing with a slight run of the nose problemo. I spoke to my doctor and she declared my nasty cold as a sinus infection, which I had never experienced before, yay me. So she put me on some antibiotics and some heavy duty cough syrup so I could sleep instead of hacking all night and keep both Brock and I up. I couldn't breath, I was coughing constantly, sneezing all the time and I had a serious snot problem. I still went to work ( I know, dumb) and it was miserable. I was sucking on nasty cough drops non-stop and having to excuse myself from the operatory to go blow/wipe my nose. I also had moments where we were in the middle of procedures and I couldn't leave so I had to just let snot run down my face under my mask. Yeah, gross...you can judge me...I judge myself. Actually, I've always prided myself on my rockin' immune system and the fact that I NEVER get sick! However, I must say that I'm really disappointed in myself and that fact that I got so rocked by a virus.
You may be asking yourself..."why such a long detailed post of this chick's illness?"...well, like I said, I don't get sick and this was a monumental and horrifying point in my life that needs to be recorded.
So here I am 3 weeks and 3 days later and although I'm feeling much better I still feel a little lousy and pretty scarred by the whole thing. The part that makes me the most mad is that it has kinda tainted this Christmas season for me/us. (Did I mention that sweet Brock has it now...ugh...poor guy)! It made going to see family and participating in Christmas Parties a real challenge but we still had a good time. I didn't get to do everything on my Christmas season wishlist but that's okay, there's always next year...right?
So here's what we have managed to do so far:
Family Party in Mayfield
Family Party in So. Jordan
The Ward Christmas Party
General Christmas Devotional
Brock went to a party Dusty put on and I skipped out
I decorated for the ward Christmas Party
I went Caroling with the Youth in our ward
I taught the Christmas lesson in YW's
Watched: Elf, Christmas Vacation, 4 Christmases & Home Alone
--------------------------------
*We missed the Ugly Sweater & Caroling party due to our illness. (that's the night Brock caught the bug).
* No Gingerbread Houses
* No Christmas Lights on our house
* No Homemade Hot Chocolate or Wassail
* No Christmas Play
* No homemade Christmas treats...yet, I'm hoping to still do that.
* No neighbor gifts done to take around
----------------------------------------
Well, the good news it that we are both feeling a touch better and we have some fun things planned for this Christmas weekend. We are staying home and we are so excited about that! I'm really excited for some of our plans and I can't wait to give Brock his Christmas prize!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:
Post a Comment