I love the Christmas Season! For me Christmas is so much more than Christmas morning and the gifts. I love to have an entire month to reflect on the Savior's birth and life. We fill our month with many fun things that bring the spirit of Christmas into our lives and home. Our month is usually filled with Christmas music, Christmas stories, Christmas movies, shopping, parties with friends & family, yummy food & treats and Church & community events.
This weekend we officially kicked off the season at our house by going the the Christmas Stroll in town, watching the
First Presidency's Christmas Devotional, finished up decorating our house and our tree and watched Christmas vacation which is one of our favorite Christmas flicks. We have many more fun things planned for the month but this weekend was a great kick off for us.
The rest of the month will be filled with family parties, a church party, caroling, gingerbread houses, driving around to look at lights, a service project, ugly sweaters, white elephants,white fluffy snow, homemade hot chocolate & wassail, yummy treats and Christmas on Sunday! I am so excited to have Christmas on Sunday, I can't think of a better place to be on Christmas :)
I'm so excited!
The Christmas Stroll is always a fun event to kick of the season. The city shuts down downtown main street and the street is flooded with tons of people. They start the night by having Santa light the Christmas lights at every intersection on main. Then there is music, a live nativity, food vendors, local stores put out free snacks with hot chocolate and all the stores are open and have sales. If it is not too cold, it is actually really festive.
We went to the stroll and then we ate dinner at the new Santa Fe Red's downtown. My favorite part of the stroll this year was the live nativity. I love that our community recognizes why we celebrate Christmas and supported a nativity.
 |
| Looking down main (really blurry) |
 |
| Brock and I watched the nativity for a while before we realized there was a real baby in the cradle. |
 |
| I had to take a picture of this because I thought it was ridiculous. I think this kid is a little big to be in a backpack! |
 |
| I also had to take of picture of this because this little guy's parents didn't put him in a back pack, rather they put him on a mini horse for the stroll. |
 |
| Brock and I thought these bucket drummers were really cool and they did a great job. |
 |
| And last but not least, what would a Christmas stroll be with out live mannequins in a jewelry store window? Of course we had to snap a picture of the hired talent. ( I made Brock go take the picture) |
No comments:
Post a Comment