Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

River Trip

Brock and I made an overnight run to the Salmon River to fish! We left after work Friday and 4 hours later we were pitching our tent in the dark on the river. Yes, we used our tent that we swore we would never use again but it worked out great. I actually stayed really warm and slept really well.
Brock and I wanted to be some of the first ones on the river so we were up before the sun was up packing up "camp" and getting the drift boat ready to launch. We were indeed the first ones on the river, in fact we launched in the dark and sat on the river anchored until it was light enough to move on down the river.
We spent the entire day on the river. I was cold at times but we had our buddy heater on the boat with us to keep us warm. In the afternoon the sun was shinning and it was a really beautiful and warmish day.
We fished from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and left the river with out even a bite! There were so many people on the river and it appeared to be a slow day for everyone. We only saw maybe 4 fish caught the entire day. I'm not sure why the steelheadn' was slow but it appears to have been a slow fishing season on the salmon altogether.
It was nice to be out on the river while enjoying nature.


Brock fishing off the bank



Brock is the best! He totally brought the heater to keep me warm.


3 comments:

The Sevy's said...

Those are such awesome photos on the river. You live in such a beautiful place! I hope we can make it back to see you guys sometime.

amyorr said...

You guys are the coolest couple I know. Seriously!

Mama Bair said...

THe picture of you and the boat at the side of the river...Is it a Cache Bar? That is always where Steve and I park the trailer when we go out fishing.