HOLA!
Brock and I finally spent our long awaited week in Cancun Mexico! We've been planning this trip for about a year, so we were super excited to finally get on the plane after all those months.
Brock and I went with my parents to a resort that they have time share at which is located 1hour south of Cancun, near Playin Del Carmen. The resort is called
Occidental Flamenco Xcaret and it's absolutely amazing! The whole resort is surrounded by the jungle and there is a flowing river in the hotel. They keep everything super clean and the people are very sweet and helpful! Check it out
here if you are looking for somewhere AMAZING to vaca at.
We had a wonderful time in Mexico and we got to see and do a lot. It went WAY TOO FAST and I am already saving my pennies to go again soon. We both fell absolutely in love with the Carribean Sea and the white sandy beaches. (I've decided that the California beaches don't even compare...).
The rooms and resort was super nice and the food was pretty good although towards the end of the trip we got a little weary of it. I don't need any mexican dishes for a loooong time:)
The weather was awesome for the most part. We had a little rain the first day because there was suppose to be a Hurricane, which actually turned and never hit. (Brock and I were out Jet Skiing and Snorkeling the day of the "Hurricane"). The rest of the time it was beautiful and warm! I kept the SPF on at all times so I wouldn't get fried and I think it helped. My skin was so soft from the humidity...I'm like a giant sponge in that kind of humidity, I love it!
We had a really great time and it was a REAL downer to have to come home and get back to life/work:( It made for a semi-rough week but we made it and I can't believe it's been a week since we came home. (not that I don't love being home....I just love vacation).
Here's some of our pictures
(yeah...I said some. We took a bunch while we were there but I picked some of my favorites for your viewing ).
READY, SET, GO!
 |
| Mexico...here we come! |
|
 |
Phoenix
|
OUR 1st DAY IN MEXICO
 |
| We had a fully loaded mini-bar in our room and everything was free. (I've never had so much Pepsi in my life). |
 |
| The Lobby in the Hotel |
 |
| They have Parrots all over the resort |
"SUCKERS"
 |
| We got suckered into a "Time Share Presentation" at another resort. This is our "sucka" ticket which was a voucher for: 4 Tickets to Chichenitza, 4 Tickets to Xcaret, 4 T-Shirts and 2 Mexican Blankets. The presentation sucked but it saved us $400! |
 |
| The guy on the left is Mike, in this pic he's trying to sell my dad on why his resort is better than what my parents have. Can you tell what my Dad is thinking? This man didn't even acknowledge me and Brock, I think he could tell that we are poor. |
DOWN BY THE BAY...
 |
| This was taken the day before the Hurricane was suppose to hit. You can kinda tell that the sky is pretty dark. |
 |
| This is down at the resort's private beach area. |
 |
This is the ocean...not a swimming pool.
|
SNORKELING
 |
| Our first day of snorkeling we went out on Wave Runners. |
 |
| Our 2nd day of snorkeling we went out on a boat. |
OUR DAY IN THE JUNGLE
(XCARET)
 |
| Cheeeese! |
 |
| This is a view from up high of our resort and the sea. |
 |
| We all ordered cheeseburgers here....I don't know if they would be all that good normally but we were all dying for some American food. |
 |
| In Xcaret, they dressed up as Myan's and played a Myan sport which includes a ball lit on fire. |
 |
| This is the river that flows through the resort and you can ride this boat into the jungle. |
THE RESORT
 |
| Every night they light Tiki Torches along the river. |
 |
| Lobby |
 |
| All the trails around the resort look like this...ahhhh...love it. |
CENOTE & CHICHENITZA TOUR
 |
| We took a tour and went to a Cenote and went swimming. |
 |
| From what I understand a Cenote is a natural underground pool. |
 |
| Getting ready to eat at a not so yummy restaurant....well Brock thought the food was incredible. |
 |
| Chichenitza! |
 |
LIKE FLIES TO HONEY
My mom got hit up by these children to buy their stuff....really though, could you say "no"? |
THE COAST
BEACH BUMS
 |
| This guy was a treat for us! He was always in a light pastel speedo...hahaha |
 |
| Iguanas roam freely. |
FIESTA!
I think I left a piece of my heart in the Carribean.....
 |
| Adios Cancun:( |
5 comments:
How fun! That trip looked like it was awesome!
Looks like you guys had a blast! So glad you were able to go!!
It looks like heaven, I'm so glad you got to go and had some down time.
Man, a vacation would be nice. Especially one like that! Grant was like, "psh, been there done that..." but got really jealous when he saw the ruins! Those would be neat to see! Did you run the stairs there?!
What an amazing trip!! Loved the pictures. I bet your parents had so much fun with you to. Are you going to come visit me? Thanksgiving is soon!! call me
Post a Comment