I love, love, LOVE the Fall and Brock has never really been fond of this time of year and he has always preferred the Spring-that is until we moved here. He recently told me of his new found appreciation for the fall but it has nothing do with the things I love, like the crisp air, the changing leaves, the yummy food or the fun decorations. No, his new found love springs from the "off the hook" (his words) fishing and hunting in this area.
Since the end of August, Brock has spent many of his weekends either fishing or hunting both by himself or with friends. Which unfortunately has resulted in more dead animals around my house. (well in the garage, I don't really think deer heads go with the "look" I'm going for with the house).
However, he's gitty as a school boy and loves it all. He shot a Whitetail Deer the opening weekend in September and he shot his Antelope this opening weekend. (A clean shot 300 yards away....is that a good thing...I don't know)?
The fishing has been awesome for him too and he is planning a couple more trips out before the snow starts flying. He caught a huge fish just last weekend that he is thinking about having mounted. (I really can't say anything because when I look around at my house it definitely has a more feminine touch and he never says a thing about how I decorate. Also, he doesn't make put his flippin' deer head above the mantel, so he can have his fish...in the office of course).
Here are some pictures of the carnage from the last couple months. I have decided that I can either be appalled and totally grossed out or realize that if we had lived in Book of Mormon times, we would still be a little chunky because Brock is a mighty hunter. .....
undecided....
Brock's 2 FAVORITE things in LIFE....
(aka: Fur and Fins)
FISHING
 |
| Booger is obsessed with fishing |
 |
| Brock's Monster fish Frankenstein "Frank" |
 |
| Brock and 7.5lb Frank on the happiest day of Brock's life. |
 |
| This one is for me, I love the FALL. |
HUNTING
 |
| Brock with his creepy Antelope head. |
|
 |
| 300 yd perfect shot...I was told there was no suffering. |
 |
| If I was an animal...I'd live here! |
 |
| Brock's Whitetail Buck |
 |
| I HEART MT |
1 comment:
Gotta admit, I like the pictures of NOT his creepy hunting or even Frank. I like the ones you took...fall is my favorite too. Have fun on your trip!
Post a Comment