Mother's Day!
Mother's Day is one of my favorite days of the year. I love celebrating the fact that I'm a mom to a beautiful little girl who has blessed my life in so SO many ways. I truly feel that motherhood is a divine blessing from Heavenly Father. I know it's not all sunshine but the work is so rewarding for me.
I also love thinking about my Mother and Grandmothers. I've been so richly blessed to have such wonderful women in my life to love and guide me. I have the best mom ever who is loving, fun and very giving. I love and miss my wonderful Grandmothers, they were the best!
I am also very lucky to have a rockstar mother-in-law and awesome in-law Grandmothers. They are such wonderful women and I am so thankful to have them in my life. Blakely is so blessed to have such an awesome legacy of women to learn from.
I know that a lot of women dislike Mother's Day because of the pressure to be the "perfect" woman, mother and wife. Although I do sometimes get discourage with what seems to be shortcomings, I don't let that discount the blessing of motherhood and womanhood. I love the concept of Mother's Day!
*Brock made me made me all my meals, got me lovely flowers, love notes from Brock and Blakely and bought me some new running shoes.
*Brock and I had to speak in Sacrament Meeting-which was pretty annoying to have to do but it went okay!
(May 11)
No comments:
Post a Comment