Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Blakely's Blessing

I haven't posted Blakely's Blessing pictures yet because I've been waiting for our camera to show up (we lost our camera the weekend of her blessing and sadly it's full of blessing pictures) but I am about 99.5% sure that we lost it hiking and we aren't going to get it back:( Luckily, I took some pictures on my phone and the family took some pictures so we have some...but it's not the same. I had taken some really CUTE pictures of Blakely in her blessing dress that are on that camera and I don't really have any of just her on my phone.  About a week after her blessing I made her get back into her dress to try to get some cute pictures but she hated it this time and just about every picture that I got she is crying in. I'm so so bummed because the ones on the camera were so much happier than what we have now but at least we have something....right?...??? I'm heart broken about the blasted camera, I keep praying it will turn up but I have that gut feeling that it's gone for good:(

Anyhow, enough of the sob story! Blakely's blessing was actually really fun and special for us! We blessed her September 2, 2012 ( Labor Day Weekend) and a lot of our family was able to attend. In fact our family took up an entire side of the chapel and they had to open the overflow, (which NEVER happens) they thanked us later for boosting their numbers for the month, hahaha. Brock gave Blakely a very sweet and special blessing, it was so touching to watch and listen to. It made me feel complete to have her be "officially" on the Church records and to receive that blessing.

Afterwards we had a BBQ at the house with the family and a few close friends. The food was the bomb and the weather was perfect! It was fun and a little stressful to finally host our family at our house. It was fun to have everybody on our "turf" though.

When the BBQ was done Brock's Grandma H., Aunt Trina and Uncle Carlos headed out and his parents went for a drive. We decided to take my family to Big Sky to hike. We enjoyed our hike to the falls with the family. It was really nice to get some fresh air and to spend time together.

Monday morning everyone except Brock's parents cleared out and headed home. Brett & Sherry stayed until Tuesday morning. We had had family at the house since the previous Monday (Brady & Laura Family) so it was bitter sweet to have a quiet house.

It was all really fun but exhausting too. It's hard to balance a house, entertaining and an infant. I'm a rookie and I'm quickly learning I can't do as much as I used to be able to do in the past. I was really grateful for every one's willingness to help while they were here.





Grandparents


Belnap Side-Brock's parents & Grandma Great
Bennett Side-Kim's parents

Bennett Side-Kim's siblings & families

 Aunt Trina & Uncle Carlos and Melissa & Dallas' Family and Our Nieces Chelsea, Kaitlyn & Ambree

 
The After Party!!!


Meeting the Family

Ousel Falls
 
Brady & Laura's visit
 
 
Forest Fires

 
 

2 comments:

Erin said...

Kim she is so beautiful. What a beautiful day and to have so much family be able to make it. I am so happy for you.

The Sevy's said...

It looks like it was a wonderful time. I am so sad we weren't able to make it. I'm dying to meet this little miss, she is too cute! LOVE her blessing pictures!!