Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2012

Hap, Hap, Happenings

We finally had a weekend at home and the weather was nice so instead of  doing anything fun  (fishing, hiking -like I could do much of that anyway-, camping or just spending time in the canyon or by the lake) we did yard work!
We've haven't really had a chance to get everything done for the summer because either we've been gone or the weather has been rainy, so we took our opportunity. When I say "we" I mostly mean Brock. It turns out I have a really hard time bending over these days with out feeling like I am going to pass out! Brock spent the morning digging out our garden, adding fresh soil and mowed the lawn. I did plant some seeds and I went with Brock to pick out our plants and flowers. We did most of the planting together.
It basically took all day and we were both beat by the end of the day. (Brock from hours of manual labor and I was tired from carrying this body of mine around)
Anyway, I LOVE the way we garden! I love my raised beds  because there are no weeds and a perfect amount to harvest.



 I've been enjoying the nice weather and the trails around our home. The dogs really love it too. Although I can't go as far as I typically do because I have to come home to use the potty.
 What would a walk be with out gopher hunting for the dogs? They hear those blasted things and go crazy. They are actually really poor hunters, they haven't actually even come face to face with a gopher yet.
 What would a post be with out a picture of Boog and his very weird habits? I can't get Boog out of bed in the morning and one day this is how I found him.
 Brock's sister and her family came to visit last weekend on their way to Iowa. We had a super time with them and we were glad they stopped. I was horrible about taking pictures while they were here so the only one I have is this one with Brock and our niece "boating" in our drive way. She told Brock that she had "never been in a boat before" so he told her that they could go pretend to go fishing. What a sweet uncle he is!


Pregnancy Update

Everything is pretty much the same since I posted last time. I feel huge and somewhat ready for this baby to come at times. Lately I feel really uncomfortable in my own body and clothing- claustrophobic would be the best way to describe how I feel.
I've been sleeping a lot lately and I haven't been too motivated for much these days. My food cravings are pretty much gone except I do have to eat a bowl of cereal before bed and I can't get enough fresh fruit in me.
Everything is just peachy:)

No comments: