They were planning on leaving at 9:30am and we decided right before 9:00am to go raft. Yes...I said we. I decided to brave the river and face my fear of House Rock. We had to bust it over to our friends place to find gear for me and we booked it up the mountain and caught the group in time. (a part of me was hoping that we would miss them).
So we geared up and I voluntarily put myself in the boat with a bunch of dudes. It was actually a really fun and exhilarating experience. We did a longer float this time than what they normally do because we were NOT planning on going through the Mad Mile. (We put in at Moose Creek Flats and were planning just floating to Lava Lake). Once we got to Lava Lake we were having so much fun and I agreed to continue through the Mad Mile. It did get pretty mad through that stretch. The river narrows and the waves get CRAAAZY! I actually only got nervous a few times and one of those times was when we were approaching House Rock. Things seemed to be going good but just as we were passing by the rock the boat spun and we lost 2 of our guys, one being our "guide". As soon as we got them back in the boat, Brock popped out and another guy as well. I was pretty proud of the fact that I was one of the only ones to stay in the boat. After passing house rock the river stays pretty crazy so it was kinda nuts there for a minute while people were falling out and the boat was spinning. Luckily, nobody was hurt and we got it under control and enjoyed the rest of the float. Even though it got a little wild that's what made it fun and exciting!
I actually really enjoyed the ride and I would do it again in a heart beat! I am glad that I was pressured into it and faced my fear
Round 1
| ready, set, go! |
| Captain Aaron |
Round 2
| Moose Creek |
| Here we are ready to go! Don't we look so fashionable:) |
1 comment:
Sounds like SOO much fun! Kim you are one brave women!!
Post a Comment