Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Salmon River Trip

We had our first official camping trip of the year last weekend! Brock decided it was time to make a spring Steelhead fishing trip to the Salmon River at the last minute. I was really nervous to go because I thought it would be freezing cold, but it was actually a really pretty weekend.  We fished sunup to sundown Saturday and part of the day Sunday. The river was packed with all sort of fishermen, I felt like an outcast because I was the only girl around.
It was a great weekend for fishing....for everyone else! Mostly everyone I saw was having great success but us:( We used everything we could think of, used hints from others, fished the "sweet spots" and we still didn't catch any fish. I told Brock that I think I'm bad luck:(
It was still really fun to get outside though and enjoy the mountains. It got me super excited for the spring and summer, I can't wait!





This is seriously how some people were camping. There is a sweet fishing hole down the cliff and I guess this was the best way for them to keep their spot?

Our Random Camp
We actually stayed pretty toasty in our tent with our new Buddy Heater that Brock got for Christmas.
View of the river from our tent
Lastly, we took our little poopsies with us. They love the mountains and being outside! Boog ran up the mountainside and woke up a Big Horn Sheep and Brutus was had fun sniffing stuff.
I hair sprayed Brutus' hair up, I thought he looked so funny!

4 comments:

Cheri and David said...

You guys are so adventurous! Looks very scenic. Maybe we'll have to try it out...in the summer :)

Mama Bair said...

Did you go clear down to corn creek? We have some friends that slaughtered a couple of weeks ago there. I will be glad so sunshine and fishing. It is so nice to live so close to the river and the boat ramp.

Brittney N said...

Hi, Kimmy! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! It has been forever since Snow but it seems like just yesterday. I miss you too! Things are great for us. We're having another baby in September! Bridger will be a great older brother. I love looking at your blog and checking up on you. You guys always look so good and have so much fun! Tell Brock "hi" for me. Love your guts!

Erin said...

Camping already. I love it. And what a cute dog-do! I miss you kimbie pop. (Just decided to call you that, hope you like it!)