Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Another one bites the dust....



Now that Brock and I have been married for 6 years, it seems like all of our stuff is breaking, dying or falling apart.

Brock was getting ready for work a few days ago and needed to press a shirt, (I've been on ironing strike for about a month now) when he plugged the iron in, it popped and shot out sparks from the cord. Luckily Brock was okay but my poor iron is dead!

This iron was a wedding gift and has been our only iron we've ever had, which although cheap, it has loyally served us for many years.

Now I have to venture out and buy my first iron as an adult & wife. It's bitter sweet.....
Any suggestions on a good iron? (hummm....maybe I should throw in a new ironing board too....)



R.I.P
Dear faithful iron,
Although it was a "love/hate" relationship....we will miss you.
April 2003-July 2009
P.S. Brock says he can fix it. I assume his plans involve at little super glue and a lot of Duct Tape.

2 comments:

The Sevy's said...

haha we have the same iron we got for a wedding gift too. I'm sure ours is reaching the end of its life too. RIP iron

Amy said...

So sad--poor iron! There are actually a few things I'm waiting to fall apart, but they just keep holding on!!! Oh well, guess it's a good excuse not to iron for a little bit!