Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

Have You Ever....

Have You Ever.....
Had someone do something nice for you, for no reason at all?
When our friends Conor & Etosha came over to help us dig fence holes, Etosha randomly brought me these pretty flowers. Who does that? They came over to labor in our dusty& hot yard and she brings me a gift? I was in shock at her super nice gesture and really grateful for their friendship.
When people do things like this for me, it makes me want to be that kind of person for other people. I'm so thankful I've been surrounded by a lot of really great people throughout my life!

Have You Ever.....
Had a horrible haircut where you have to pay double or triple the original price to get it fixed?
It's so hard to move to a new place and not have a stylist or a specific place that you trust to cut your hair. I've been bouncing around to find the right person and along the way I got really screwed!
I've been trying to grow my hair out and have been TRIMMING it ever 5-6 weeks to keep it healthy. Well, I went into get my "TRIM" and left with short chunky layers on the top of my head and a long skinny rat tail in the back. To top it all off the guy had the nerve to say "see I left your length". Are you kidding me? I should have known at the beginning when he didn't even wet down my hair after I specifically told him I have naturally curly hair, what a loser.
I had to sport my new Manson Family Mullet for over a week while I waited to get into the salon I wanted to fix it. Yes, I ended up chopping my hair really short and spending double the original price to fix it.

You know it's bad when your husband tells you that your new look makes you look like white trash.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I can't believe Brock said that. We know what you mean about getting a bad haircut. When I was sick and pregnant with Adelyn, Adam went and got his haircut somewhere (I usually do it), anyway, the chick shaved off one of his sideburns. Yeah, that's right one of them. He came out of the salon and I asked him what the heck happened. He looked in the mirror and marched right back in. What the heck was she thinking, he didn't even ask to have his sideburns trimmed.

Brooke McKay and Parker said...

I've had a bad hair cut and color. Do you remember when I came back to college after a break with black hair. We all know it was awful! I'm sorry you had to cute it off. i would be ticked after growing it out that long.