Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Our Labor Day Weekend was full of lots of hard manual "LABOR". We spent the weekend playing with dirt, rocks and shovels. I am pretty sure that beats any sort of vacation...right? Brock and I did get a lot accomplished even though we didn't get to go on a little trip. We finished up our spinklers and buried our trenches. I know it doesn't sound like hard work, but you should see the soil. Most of our digging was done with a pick, a few time I thought for sure we would start the house on fire with all the sparks flying from hitting rocks. I do feel like I am pretty much 1/2 man now that I have a good idea of how to put together a sprinkling system. I am glad that part is over, now we just have to get rid of the rocks! This is just a few rocks that we moved, but the whole yard is like this. (Most of the rocks are bigger than these ) Pretty rocks though...huh? I am just glad we no longer have man holes for people to fall into when they walk by. ( even though nobody has ever walked by due to the fact we only have half a side walk. I know Montana can be weird)

After working all day in the hot sun, we decided to take a cool dip in the Gallatin River. Luckily, the river is only 2 minutes down the road from our home so we made it there before we died of heat exhaustion. The cool river water instantly cooled us off.... to say the least!




Brock created a "chair" for him to lounge in while sitting in the river. I know, I know, I am so lucky to have such a talented husband! Isn't he a cutie!

I really had to concentrate hard to not get swept off to sea, apparently I lack the "river talents" that Brock posesses.



2 comments:

The Sevy's said...

Dang that is a lot of rocks and work! Just think you'll have a sprinkler system before you know it,you home owners you! Your river looks like a blast and much earned R&R after all your hard work!! Miss your guts! (oh and I'm such a Chicago fan. "Look away, baby, look away,"(my fav) for fun:0)

Laurie Bingham said...

Kimmie,
I have not been very good and being a blogger, now that I am back in school,i am a little busier, but I have been meaning to tell you hi, and that I love your blog. I also love your pictures of Montana! It looks so beautiful up there! I think i would like to come visit there someday.